Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Secunia wont scan

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
ePost Secunia wont scan
Member 30th Apr, 2011 17:02
Ranking: -5
User Since: 5th Mar, 2009
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 30th Apr, 2011 17:03

I installed and then reinstalled Secunia PSI 2.0 but it still wont run a scan. Have BullGuard and SAS Pro. What to do?

Post "RE: Secunia wont scan" has been selected as an answer.
mogs RE: Secunia wont scan
Expert Contributor 30th Apr, 2011 17:31
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Hello.
You can confirm the version in use, by clicking on the taskbar icon and then About.
Have you first checked thro' the FAQ/settings here......
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...
If you are an XP user....note the latter paragraphs of same.

Are you sure your firewall is enabled to allow Secunia ?
When you installed did you let it remove the previous version after having cleared out temp. files/browser cache ?

Hope this helps........regards

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
ePost RE: Secunia wont scan
Member 30th Apr, 2011 17:37
Score: -5
User Since: 5th Mar 2009
Last edited on 30th Apr, 2011 17:38
I have no idea what "the latter paragraphs" are. I have XP SP3 fully updated. Secunia is permitted in all firewall settings. Secunia is the latest version and it establishes internet connection just fine. But scannings wont run.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
mogs RE: Secunia wont scan
Expert Contributor 30th Apr, 2011 17:46
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Last edited on 30th Apr, 2011 17:48
The later paragraphs in the section earlier referred to and in the following :-
NB...note those statements emboldened !!

Open the control panel
Open Internet Options > Security tab. In Windows7/Vista you may need to click 'Network and Internet' to access the Internet Options
Select the Internet zone and click on the Custom Level button.
In Security Settings, go to the Scripting>Active Scripting option.
Make sure that Active Scripting is enabled (rather than Disabled or Prompted).
Press OK then Yes.
Back in the Security tab, select the Trusted sites zone and click on the Sites button.
Type in the following and press the Add button to add it to the Trusted Sites list:
https://*.secunia.com
Press Close, then OK.
Run the Secunia PSI again to view the scan results.

If this has still not fixed your problem, go back to the Internet Options, then go to Tools->Internet Options->Advanced->Security->Check for server certificate revocation.

The Secunia SSL certificate is signed by Thawte. If the Thawte site is not accessible from the computer, and if this option is selected, then the PSI will fail to connect to our site. So please remove the check at “Check for server certificate revocation". However, please understand that this means your computer would not notice if a site publisher revoked his/her certificate, which could indicate a theft or loss. If you are concerned about this, try the steps outlined below before this one to see if they solve the problem

If this has still not allowed you to open the PSI, please go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and ensure that both the 'Secunia PSI Agent' and 'Secunia Update Agent' services are set to 'Started' under status and 'Automatic' under 'Startup type'

If that did not resolve the problem either, and you are using Windows XP, try these steps:

1) Go to where you installed the PSI (Probably C:\Program Files\Secunia\PSI, or C:\Program Files (x86) for 64-bit systems), right-click PSI.exe, click Properties, go to the Compatibility tab, and set a check at 'Turn off advanced text services for this program'

If that did not resolve the issue, then you can try

2) Go to Control Panel > Regional and language options > Languages Tab > Details > Advanced. From here, set a check at 'Turn off advanced text services' (Please note that this is a global setting unlike what is described in step 2).

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
ePost RE: Secunia wont scan
Member 30th Apr, 2011 18:06
Score: -5
User Since: 5th Mar 2009
Last edited on 30th Apr, 2011 18:07
I already have these settings. I have had them for years. I have used Secunia PSI since it was first released. I'm going to use the Secunia online scanner and Belarc from now on. I'm uninstalling Secunia PSI for good. End of story.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability