Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Community Profile Username "Not Available"

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as locked.
puddleoffudd Community Profile Username "Not Available"
Member 5th May, 2011 15:25
Ranking: 1
User Since: 5th May, 2011
System Score: N/A
I have been using Secunia PSI for about four years, maybe longer. I asked for a password reset (wouldn't let me in with the password that I know that I used) and received the link, went to the page to reset the password, then was sent to the login page. When I went to login, I received the error message "Username Not Available"

I emailed support but never heard back from them.

Anyone else have this problem? Were you able to resolve it?

My username is/was Guilden_NL

Dank U Wel!
Joop deBruin

Anthony Wells RE: Community Profile Username "Not Available"
Expert Contributor 5th May, 2011 16:32
Score: 2428
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
System Score: N/A

HI ,

You have a "user name" set in your profile in the PSI but your password is set in the "My Profile" here in the lhs column of this Forum page . The common entity of the two profiles is your email address .

You get into this Forum page profile by logging-in under your user name and whichever password you do or do not remember . Once logged-in , you can "Edit your Profile" , otherwise , not logged in , you are creating a new profile in this Forum and your old user name would be still in use as per your PSI profile .

You still need a password to go with your old user name which would then give you one entity from your PSI and common to the Forum and your second current entity .

To save time , I would rest my PSI user name to the current one and forget the 4 years . If the old user has commentary you would like to refer to , then at this stage , you will probably need support@secunia.com to help you reset a password for your original user name or "retry" for a password reset and come straight back here and log-in . They have been rather inundated in the recent past , so I would try them again by email if they do not respond here .

Hope that is a bit clearer ??!

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability