Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Microsoft update

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as locked.
Nick Danger Microsoft update
Member 6th May, 2011 06:37
Ranking: 0
User Since: 3rd Jul, 2010
System Score: N/A
I have been experiencing a problem with what appears to be a MS update. I think it sarted about a week or so ago. (Actually, it appears to be 4 updates in one.) I use Windows 7 Home edition, on a 64 bit laptop. When I try to shut down, my computer tries to install the same 4 updates, then when I go to start up, they can't be updated, and that MS reverts them. Now, it is taking forever for my computer to start up, once it figures out that it cannot accept the update. Is any one else experiencing this? Have anyanswers?

mogs

RE: Microsoft update
[+]
This reply has been minimised due to a negative Relevancy Score.
This user no longer exists RE: Microsoft update
Member 6th May, 2011 08:56
Last edited on 6th May, 2011 08:56 Hi,

Please be aware that, as a policy, we do not offer this kind of support. Instead, we would refer you to Microsoft.

So any aid given is just given because I (pretend to) try to be nice.

Refer to this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602

Post back with as much info as you can, particularly KB numbers.

Hopefully we can get you sorted out. ;)
Was this reply relevant?
+0
NickDanger RE: Microsoft update
Member 8th May, 2011 05:10
Score: 0
User Since: 7th Apr 2010
PSI-Secunia now tells me I am secure with all updates. However, when I check my computer (for any new MS Updates) , I am still being told that there is a MS update waiting for download. "Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB 976932)...73.6MB - 892.6MB. I have checked my computer and have 244GB available, more (including) my external hard drive.

--
NickDanger
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 8th May, 2011 05:14
Last edited on 8th May, 2011 05:17
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB976932)
73.6MB - 892.6 MB
(Refer to this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602 ?)

--
NickDanger
Was this reply relevant?
+0
droman RE: Microsoft update
Member 8th May, 2011 07:41
User Since: 16th Oct 2010
Hi, sorry to hear your having problems with your MS Updates. This often use to happen to me.
At times, this can be a tedious task. You can be most successful by researching the error code. Most often, you will find that there can be a number of solutions to fix the problem. So, at times it can be time consuming before you discover the problem. Often, it is a simple matter of cleaning out a specific file, or changing the ending name of a file, and sometimes, you must make certain Updates first.

From what you wrote concerning your problem, I suggest this for you. Download "Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 (First)" Very Important Update. Only Download this Update by itself, this will take anywhere from a half an hour or longer, depends on your OS System Specs. Be patient, first it will "Download" and then it will "Install" the Updates. When the update is complete, you must "(Restart) your Laptop" (Select, the "Restart Button" from the Update Wizard. This will "Reboot" your System, and make the configuration changes necessary for your system to work properly. Again, be Patient while system "Reboots". You can also find the "Restart Option Button" from clicking on the (Start Button) on your PC's Taskbar, this option is located on the "Shutdown Button options list (located) on the downward arrow on the right of the shutdown button. After you have Installed and Rebooted "Service Pack 1", You should not have any problems Installing Important or Recommended Updates for your Laptop, from MS. David R. "IT Student" Majoring in IT. Good Luck. Hope, this solves your problem.

--
Respectfully
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 9th May, 2011 04:53
I just tried to do the download again. I received a message saying it downloaded, but when the computer went to upload, I received a message error code #800B0100. What's going on?

--
NickDanger
Was this reply relevant?
+0

Maurice Joyce

RE: Microsoft update
[+]
This reply has been deleted
Maurice Joyce RE: Microsoft update
Handling Contributor 9th May, 2011 09:50
Score: 11560
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Have you installed all the updates offered by Microsoft except for SP1?

See this:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=947821

This update was offered by Windows Update some time ago. Unless installed you could be having problems.

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+0
tucondo RE: Microsoft update
Member 11th May, 2011 07:57
User Since: 8th May 2011
System Score: 100%
Last edited on 11th May, 2011 10:30
hi nick. sorry for your problem. This is just a idea,run a scan on any hinden updates you might have, also check all the updates to see if any didn't take.T his is just a shot in the dark but what can it hurt? good luck...tucondo
Was this reply relevant?
+0
xyzzy RE: Microsoft update
Member 13th May, 2011 09:03
Score: -17
User Since: 7th Mar 2008
System Score: 98%
Just in case, the "check SUR" KB 947821 recommended by Maurice results in a 300 MB download. Folks have lots of problems with windows 7 SP1, just enter your error number in a Google (or similar) web search and visit the answers.microsoft.com (or technet) hits. What you can do anyway is to run `sfc /scannow` in a CMD-line window (in the windows system tools below accessories) with admin rights (right click).
Was this reply relevant?
+0
valoran RE: Microsoft update
Member 18th May, 2011 18:54
User Since: 17th May 2011
I usually look for the updates manually. Go to your Updates, and then click the text that says [number] updates available.

There you will be able to find a code that start with KB and number after. Search that code on the microsoft update website and download the updates manually. Then install them

After a new restart all should be okay!

--
Nothing really!
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability