Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Chrome Techs Advising To Uninstall Secunia

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
troothteller Chrome Techs Advising To Uninstall Secunia
Member 9th Jun, 2011 15:13
Ranking: 0
User Since: 10th Dec, 2010
System Score: N/A
Please visit the site http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome?hl=en... and do a search on "Secunia". I have the same problem having updated Chrome with PSI picking it up as insecure. Chrome's advice about Secunia is not consistent with other reliable forums. Being in malware training, I know that their advice to uninstall Secunia is not accurate.

Anthony Wells RE: Chrome Techs Advising To Uninstall Secunia
Expert Contributor 9th Jun, 2011 15:49
Score: 2434
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
Last edited on 9th Jun, 2011 15:53
Hi troothteller ,

Sorry , but your link is too broad and I simply do not have the time to trawl through all the "Secunia" referenced posts . If you have a specific point/post to discuss , then "uninstalling" the PSI is extremely poor security advice ; notwithstanding there are on occasion PSI detection rule problems with Chrome - especially when it changes platforms as it has just done now from 11.x to 12.x .whilst another complication is that the Stable and Beta versions presently overlap . These are known to us here on the Forum and support usually get things corrected "reasonably" quickly but no instant gratification , patience is a virtue in this case .

I suggest you refer the Chrome "techies" to this thread and in particular to my post of 3rd May 2011 : 13.16 :-

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/857...

Take care

Anthony

PS : Secunia support are up to date on 12.x now , as per :-

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/952...

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+1
troothteller RE: Chrome Techs Advising To Uninstall Secunia
Member 9th Jun, 2011 18:07
Score: 0
User Since: 10th Dec 2010
I am sorry I wasted your time; however, I thought you would be concerned that someone at Google Chrome is calling Secunia "worthless." The individual is Dwight Stegall, who has upset other forum participants. Having had IE7, Firefox and now Chrome, I do not know which browser I will use. I have already had it with Chrome.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: Chrome Techs Advising To Uninstall Secunia
Expert Contributor 9th Jun, 2011 19:00
Score: 2434
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

Hi ,

I am very busy elsewhere , so my time is limited here , atm . I would suggest that neither of us need bother with the "crackpots" that abound on any Forum and besides , they are entitled to their opinion , however it may be classified .

The thread I linked you to should tell you how to deal with any Chrome/PSI issues ; if you need more help , explain your problem with as much detail as possible and someone will try to help you further .

I really gotta go .

Take care

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
troothteller RE: Chrome Techs Advising To Uninstall Secunia
Member 9th Jun, 2011 19:13
Score: 0
User Since: 10th Dec 2010
Thanks. I should know that every walk of life has its "crackpots" like the guy who said that the world was going to end. Anyway, I will look for another browser to replace Google Chrome.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability