Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: best Internet Security Suite

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as locked.
nishikaj best Internet Security Suite
Member 22nd Jun, 2011 22:31
Ranking: 0
User Since: 22nd Jun, 2011
System Score: N/A
HI,
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what The best Internet Security Suite is at the moment for 2009. because i hav norton but i feel like a change and there does seem to be alot out their. which i dont know how good they are compared to norton.

so if anyone could help me with this, i'd really appreciate it

thanks

Leendert Kip best Internet Security Suite
Member 22nd Jun, 2011 22:42
Score: 65
User Since: 22nd Jan 2009
System Score: 100%
Last edited on 22nd Jun, 2011 22:48
The best internet security suite doesn't exist. That's for everybody to consider what's the best solution. The only thing I can tell you what I use, my expe-
rience with the product and what I think about it. From other Forum members you will get info about the many products on the market but at the end it's just your choice. I have good experience with Avira. I have installed the Free version on computers of two of my family members which I maintain with re-
mote support by TeamViewer. It works good, isn't difficult to use. I myself use Avira Premium Security Suite. For me it's excellent and works flexible. The price at the moment is 39 euro anually. I consider it worth the money. New cutomers are allowed a free trial period of 30 days with full functionality. Hope this helps you but my advice is: read the comments of other Forum members carefully.

--
PC: JJ Computer Services
Intel Core I3 2100 3.1Ghz
DDR3 Kingston ValueRam 4GB 1333
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits SP1
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.9016
Internet Explorer 9
Mozilla Firefox 31NL

Laptop: MSI GT780DX
Intel Core I5-2450
DDR3 RAM 6GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits SP1
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.9016
Internet Explorer 11
Mozilla Firefox 31NL
Was this reply relevant?
+10
joe schmoe RE: best Internet Security Suite
Member 22nd Jun, 2011 23:20
Score: 38
User Since: 26th Nov 2008
Last edited on 22nd Jun, 2011 23:25
Hello nishikai,

Welcome to the Secunia forum.

Definition: An internet security suite is a bundled set of security programs, usually by one vendor, usually not free.

This should include: a firewall, antivirus, and anti-spyware.

Other options may be provided within that suite, depending on the protection level and cost of the program.

The benefit(s) of purchasing such a suite are threefold:

>Greater compatibility of such programs as they are made and distributed by the same vendor.
>Vendor support, when needed, is easier to get when you need it.
>Updates to the suite will come in when offered.

There are additional programs, not trial programs, one should consider, along with whatever final choice, of a security suite.

One of the most reliable and necessary programs is Sandboxie.

I wish to stress this is not an advertisement to all other members of the Secunia forum.

It is merely a suggestion to aid nishiakai in his search for the best security suite for his/her needs.

It is free, but there is an option to upgrade. It protects your browser of choice when surfing on the Internet, and any malware downloaded (by accident, of course) will be deleted when the browser is closed for the current session.

Be sure to set Sandboxie to delete the current sandbox box, when the browser is closed, automatically.

The link is here:

http://www.sandboxie.com/

Note that there is a 64-bit beta version now available.

Your final decision really comes down to researching the Internet for the best possible suite that meets your current needs.

I run a security suite running with many different vendors; all of them are free.

joe schmoe

XP Home SP3 P4 2 GB RAM 32-bit

--
XP Pro SP3 P4 3.2 HT 2 GB RAM Avast! 9.0.2018 AIS
Win 7 Home Pro SP1 Pentium D 2.8 3 GB RAM Avast 9.0.2018 AIS
Secunia PSI 2.0.0.3003 XP Pro 32-bit & Win 7 H Pro 64-bit
Was this reply relevant?
+3
wr RE: best Internet Security Suite
Contributor 23rd Jun, 2011 00:43
Score: 308
User Since: 30th Mar 2008
Hi nishikaj,

If you Googled 'best internet security suite'
you'd get over 29 million responses-so no easy task.
I personally like & have used ESET for several years,
but I know in my family there are at least 4-5 other
programs that are popular & according to their
respective users are 'the best'.

I suggest you use the option of many of the vendors
& download their 'trial' version. That way you can
get a real feel for the features & benefits of the
various programs available before you spend any money.

The main thing to remember regarding security for
your system is-you-it all starts there. Practice
safe surfing habits & take the time to do updates &
periodic maintenance. Remember, the only way
to never get spam, a virus, trojan, or malware is
to not connect to the internet.

The last line in my signature is not a slam to anyone-
just a simple 'think about it'.

Regards, wr

--
HP Pavilion Slimline s3020n
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32 bit
AMD 64 Athlon X2
Firefox 24.4.0 ESR
The weakest link of a computer system is always sitting in front of the monitor.
Was this reply relevant?
+10
Anthony Wells RE: best Internet Security Suite
Expert Contributor 23rd Jun, 2011 12:28
Score: 2434
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

Hi ,

If you check the web , you will find many reviews , for example :-

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2369749,00.as...

These are not "independent" as they usually rely on advertising normally , so take that into account .

The best suite is the one you know , love and understand how to use , even better if it keeps the bad guys out . Rankings change each year , but recently Norton has performed as well as , if not better than most and the best are very similar .

Changing on a whim is likely to expose youreslf to danger unless you are au fait with the latest technology as offered by the vendors ; if you are asking for advice here , then maybe you are not .

My advice would be you stick with what you already have and know best (in your case Norton) , updated to the latest 2011/2012 version , until/unless someone can demonstrate to you a better option and always demand a free trial before you buy anything .

Please note I do not use or promote any Symantec/Norton products .

Take care

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+11
dsericks RE: best Internet Security Suite
Member 27th Jun, 2011 15:48
Score: 1
User Since: 27th Jun 2011
For what it is worth, my best luck has been with ESET. I had Norton for awhile and didn't like it at all. I was either doing something wrong or it's not a good product. Since using ESET on all our computers at our home, we haven't had one incident of computers crashing as a result of viruses, etc. Not so with Norton.

--
dsericks
Was this reply relevant?
+1
rain123 RE: best Internet Security Suite
Member 28th Jun, 2011 07:45
Score: 0
User Since: 28th Jun 2011
I dont think there is. If your security software has been properly configured, it would serve as a very effective security. But let's remember that no security software could protect your computer if you yourself is not careful with the emails you receive and websites you go to.
Was this reply relevant?
+1
blogtechguy RE: best Internet Security Suite
Member 28th Jun, 2011 09:33
User Since: 12th Jun 2011
I think the best solution to this is too stay offline... just kidding. I have not tried all internet security suites available so I donít which one is the best but we have wide choices like GData, Symantec, BitDefender, Panda, AVG, Comodo and many others. Choosing the best depend on our needs perhaps.
Was this reply relevant?
+1
cdiller79 RE: best Internet Security Suite
Member 29th Jun, 2011 19:21
Score: 2
User Since: 29th Jun 2011
Personally, I have had no trouble with Avast or AVG. Frankly just from my experience, the expensive suites are no better than the less expensive. Though as has already been pointed out it is a matter of user preference. If you are comfortable with Norton then maybe the old cliche would work here,"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Was this reply relevant?
+3
tucondojo RE: best Internet Security Suite
Member 30th Jun, 2011 01:46
Score: 1
User Since: 9th Jun 2011
Last edited on 30th Jun, 2011 03:08
Well first you have to know your level of knowledge and 2nd if you want to pay or go with a free program i go with the free because i don't have any money and i feel some of the free ones are better then the paid versions. And i founld the paid versions seem to be on the heavy side that can bog your pc a bit. First i like to add with out good safety pratice no antivirus program, no matter how good it is can still leave you at risk for a virus. Well here's some of the top free ones that are very easy to use and unerstand they are MSE and PANDA CLOUD. Here are a few that many people feel are the best out there , my favorite is AVAST and to many AVG and AVIRA. They require a little bit more hands on but pretty easy to figure out ,there's many more but i think you can't go wrong with any of these. Good Luck.....And Good Karma to all.

Was this reply relevant?
+1
wilson4734 RE: best Internet Security Suite
Member 30th Jun, 2011 07:14
User Since: 6th Apr 2011
Last edited on 30th Jun, 2011 07:25
I have tried Norton-Avast-System Mechanics and a few others and none of them can come close to matching "Microsoft Security Essentials" ,I have had a virus come in my email and it let me know right then and there with a pop up window, it don't slow down your computer or take up a lot of memory and the best of all it is FREE to down load from Microsoft, it has every thing the others do like fire wall -anti virus and then some, so try it what have you to lose it's FREE!
Was this reply relevant?
+0

debby73

RE: best Internet Security Suite
[+]
This reply has been deleted

primaciptacomm

[+]

bensafe

[+]

zkva1

[+]
Maurice Joyce RE: best Internet Security Suite
Handling Contributor 13th Jul, 2011 21:23
Score: 11626
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
@nishikaj
This thread has been running for 22 days. Many have given U good feedback but U have failed to respond.

It is now subject to spam attacks. I will lock it to prevent any more.

If U want it reopened to respond U can apply to Secunia Support at support@secunia.com

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability