Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Google Chrome, where some have an unknown impact and others can be exploited by malicious people to bypass certain security restrictions, manipulate certain data, and compromise a user's system.
1) An unspecified error exists within clipboard monitoring after a paste event.
2) An unspecified error exists related to excessive database usage.
3) An unspecified error exists when aborting an IndexDB transaction.
4) An error exists when handling sandboxed origins inside extensions.
5) A use-after-free error exists in PDF garbage collection.
6) A type cast error exists when handling column spans.
7) An error within locale handling can be exploited to cause a buffer overflow.
8) An error within audio decoding can be exploited to cause an out-of-bounds read.
9) An unspecified error exists due to a race condition after a crash of a utility process.
10) An error within path clipping can be exploited to cause an out-of-bounds read.
11) An error within PDF fax image handling can be exploited to cause an out-of-bounds read.
12) An unspecified error when handling drag and drop may lead to URL bar confusion.
13) An unspecified error exists within a signature check.
14) A use-after-free error exists within stylesheet error handling.
15) An unspecified error exists when handling unusual certificates.
16) A use-after-free error exists within CSS handling.
17) A use-after-free error exists within SVG layout handling.
18) An error within libxslt can be exploited to cause an out-of-bounds read.
19) A use-after-free error exists when handling mousemove events.
20) An error within shader translator can be exploited to cause an out-of-bounds read.
Solution: Upgrade to version 17.0.963.46.
Provided and/or discovered by: The vendor credits:
1) Daniel Cheng, Chromium development community
2) Collin Payne
3) David Grogan, Chromium development community
4) Devdatta Akhawe, UC Berkeley
5, 7, 8, 10, 14, 18) Aki Helin, OUSPG
9) Shawn Goertzen
11) Atte Kettunen, OUSPG
12) Code Audit Labs, VulnHunt.com
13) Slawomir Blazek
15) Ben Carrillo
16, 17, 19) Arthur Gerkis
20) Inferno, Google Chrome Security Team
Original Advisory: http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/2012/02/stable-channel-update.html
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Google Chrome Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.