Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Google Chrome, where some have an unknown impact and others can be exploited by malicious people to conduct cross-site scripting and spoofing attacks and compromise a user's system.
1) Some errors exist in the bundled version of Adobe Flash Player.
2) An error within certain interaction handling may allow cross-site scripting attacks in EUC-JP.
3) An error in SVG text handling can be exploited to cause an out-of-bounds read.
4) An error in text fragment handling can be exploited to cause an out-of-bounds read.
5) An error exists within SPDY proxy certificate checking.
6) An off-by-one error exists in OpenType sanitizer.
7) A validation error exists within the handling of certain navigation requests from the renderer.
8) A use-after-free error exists in SVG clipping.
9) An unspecified error in Skia can be exploited to corrupt memory.
10) An error exists in v8.
For more information see vulnerability #8: SA48512
Solution: Upgrade to version 18.0.1025.142.
Provided and/or discovered by: The vendor credits:
2) Masato Kinugawa
3) Arthur Gerkis
5) Leonidas Kontothanassis, Google
6) Mateusz Jurczyk, Google Security Team
7) kuzzcc, Sergey Glazunov, PinkiePie, and scarybeasts, Google Chrome Security Team
8) Atte Kettunen, OUSPG
10) Christian Holler
Original Advisory: http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/2012/03/stable-channel-release-and-beta-channel.html
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: Google Chrome Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.